We celebrated our one year anniversary on August 5th! We were able to go to breakfast that morning before I had to go into work. Zach was smart enough to ask for the whole day off. After work I came home and we unwrapped our wedding cake that had been tucked away in the freezer the past year and I requested that we reenact feeding one another, hence the picture. It actually tasted pretty decent; you definitely wouldn't have thought it had been frozen for a year. After that, I was blind-folded and driven around for the next fifty minutes only to find myself in an underground parking lot. Then I followed Zach into a hotel room to find a trail of red rose petals leading to a white rose with a card on the bed. Zach knows I'm usually not much for flowers because they remind me of funerals, but in this case it was only a few so there was no distinct odor. Quite romantic actually! Our hotel was up in Park City at the Marriott Mountain Side Resort. I didn't find this out until we left shortly after arriving to go to dinner at Ruth's Chris. The steaks were phenomenal that night! Afterward we stopped at Albertson's, oh I guess it's aFresh Market now, to get a little bubbly and picked up a movie from red box. When we got back to the hotel room we donned our swimsuits and went for a little dip in the pool and hot tub, then back to the room for a glass of Martinelle (that's how mormons celebrate!), and our movie. The next morning Zach challenged me to a game of miniature golf and a race down the Alpine slides. The game of mini golf I graciously let Zach win, knowing how I would dominate him down the hill. Side note, why did they change the miniature golf course up there? It use to be the best, next to Dotties of course, and now it might be the worst one I've ever played on. Anyway, after we were off to the slides and lets just say I had a better ride on the lift up than I did on the ride down. I'm always up for a race on the slides and I usually win so I went into it feeling pretty confident, but my confidence quickly wore off as I slowly watched Zach gain more distance in front of me. I'm not kidding when I say I didn't break ONCE, and I always break around some of those curves. I blame the loss on my sled and consider Zach's victory a tainted one and one I plan on quickly redeeming myself of! The rest of the day consisted of shopping and hanging out on Main Street. It was a fun little weekend and a much needed getaway!
August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am proud of you. Cute background and everything!! See you didn't need my help!! Sorry I am logged onto Kade's....
ReplyDeleteI love that you blogged! I was so happy when I clicked on your name to find a few new posts that I had not read.
ReplyDeleteThanks for entertaining me and the baby.