Lets be honest, I'm not a "blogger" and I probably never will be, but after several complaints and ridicule I have decided to step up my game (for now) and give the people what they want!
I don't really have any exciting news to share or anything I feel is worthwhile to write about as of late, just the same old. Not to mention, school has its way of keeping me busy. Although, as of August 4th I'll be happy to say that I will finally be a college graduate and like most college graduates I'm not really sure how I plan to use my degree (economics). I'm just proud to say I made it through some of those classes. It was so nice of my family and Candace to come sit through my graduation. Thankfully the announcer, reading off the names, made it feel more like the NBA Playoffs than a boring graduation!
So now it's onto real life which I have a feeling may be worse than going to school. In fact I'm sure I'll even find myself missing it; like we often do after summer break. There's just something nice about going to school, learning and having homework to keep you busy. School has its way of keeping us productive!
With summer in full swing I can't say that I've had much time to enjoy it thanks to school and of course work (the joys of being an adult!), but we have had time to enjoy Zach's Thursday night softball games and his baseball games on Saturdays! It's really fun to watch him play since he "hung up the spikes" to get married and move back to Salt Lake. The only downfall to his Saturday games is that they're in Provo, and we all know how I feel about that place!
In June Kimber and I went to the Backstreet Boys' concert, realizing that it has been nearly ten years since we had been there for their Millennium tour. Wow how time flies... and how little we've changed!
We were also able to spend some time with Scott and Allison at their cabin and the Diamond Rio concert before they moved to Georgia. We sure will miss them even though they were always "too busy" to see us anyway!
To celebrate the 4th we went to the Oakley Rodeo with the Bartons. It was so much fun, but the fireworks were quite disappointing... everyone knows when the finale finally happens. Well, with those fireworks one shot off, just when we were all ready for it and then... NOTHING; that was it. A sad ending to the rodeo!
I'm sure the next month will be very entertaining with 4 of Zach's best friends getting married. Bo and Kira are the first to go this month along with Jake and Sahar, then come August we have Matt and Masha's followed by Tony and Lauren's. We couldn't be more happy for everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures to document these upcoming occasions...
No comments:
Post a Comment