August 28, 2012

Catching Up

It has been awhile since my last post, so I'll try to catch up on a few things that I neglected to write about. At the start of May we took a trip out to Wisconsin to see my brother's baby who was born in April. We took a day trip to Chicago, but for the most part the trip was pretty relaxed because I was 12 weeks pregnant and very nauseous. On that note, I was really sick up until about 18 weeks, but I continued to take the nausea medicine the doctor gave me up until about 20 weeks. Since I was well into my second trimester at that point I figured I was done being sick so I stopped taking the medicine and within 48 hours I was throwing up again. Last week having reached 26 weeks I thought I was in the clear so I quit taking it again and about 48 hours later I threw up, so it looks like I am one of those lucky girls who is sick their entire pregnancy. I am just so grateful for modern medicine! I don't know what I'd do without it. Other than that things have gone smoothly so far and I am so excited to meet our little baby GIRL in a few months! That was some other exciting news we learned of in July- that we would be having a baby GIRL. We had assumed we were having a boy so it was definitely a surprise, but one that we are so excited about! Enough talk. Here are a couple pictures of our trip and our celebration on finding out our baby's gender. I wasn't really in the mood for taking pictures on our trip to Wisconsin so we didn't get many...

Lucas James Porter born April 24th, 2012

First time meeting... I'm officially an aunt!

Lake Michigan 

The boys went to a Brewers game

Chicago sightseeing 



Luke, taking a nap

Out to lunch in Wisconsin

July 9th we found out we are having a little GIRL and we couldn't be happier!


On August 7th we went to Wicked and loved every minute of it!


 Here I am at 25 weeks and my brother was kind enough to tell me I finally looked pregnant and not just like I've gained weight. This Thursday I will be 27 weeks and am so excited the count down finally feels close!


1 comment:

  1. AHH! I love this post! I seriously can't wait to meet baby girl. I will probably hold her all Christmas break. You are looking good!

    ReplyDelete