August 4, 2011

Life is 'Sweet'

For those of you who know the Porter family, you know that we are referred to only by our nicknames. My nickname has stayed constant over my lifetime, the variation of it however, has fluctuated. As for my other family members (parents included) they have several names that they go by. My little brother Scott (who's not so little anymore) has a couple, but my nickname of choice for him is "Sweet". He'd be mad if he knew I just announced that, but I'm pretty confident very few people read our blog anyway.

The reason I am telling you this is because today in the Deseret News, the high school football preview for Olympus came out and it shows a picture of Scott. If you click here you can see why that nickname is so fitting. Very few high school kids are as nice and humble as he is, especially football players. Most football players pose with their chin up and no smile, which always makes for a good laugh. I am so excited and sad for his senior year of football. I have been going to little league football games or high school games since I can remember. I'm so proud of him and hope he has a great 2011 football season!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Scott is a senior! I think in my head he is always going to be 3 years old.

    Sounds like he is doing great!

    ReplyDelete