April 15, 2010

Our Story

Zach and I first met on a blind date in the spring of 2006. Unfortunately, we didn't get another chance to see each other before he left on his mission to Houston, Texas that June. He did however call to inform me where he'd be spending the next two years, and as far as I knew, that was that!

Nearly a month after he returned home in June of 2008 we reunited at a mutual friend's house. Our first (technically second) date was on July 23rd. We hardly spent any time apart after that. We were both a little unsure of what course our relationship would take with school quickly approaching and the prospect of Zach heading south to UVU, where he'd be playing baseball. However, we both agreed that if things were meant to be we'd find some way to make it work, and we did! The first semester Zach was kind enough to make the drive to Salt Lake on the weekends. He knew exactly how I felt about being in Utah County; a true Ute's worst nightmare! However, I caved the second half of the year in order to watch him play baseball. Between him being gone for baseball trips and me having to drive to Provo so often it's sufficient to say it was a rough semester.

On April 2nd Zach proposed! His initial plan was to do it on April Fool's Day. However, I made it clear that if he pulled that I'd have to say no for fear that it was a joke. I think he's still disappointed about that.

We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on August 5th, 2009. Everything about that day was perfect!

As of now we're both just busy working and going to school. Sometimes it feels like we see each other less now than when he was living in Provo, but I guess that's life as newlyweds!

3 comments:

  1. yay, a post!!! I can't wait for you to be a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! I will definitely follow your blog if you keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenz you have a blog! Can I put you on my list of friends on my blog? Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete